Rules and Regulations for Pro Bono Tutoring and Coaching
Please read these carefully.
- The free coaching and tutoring is available to middle school, high school, and college students 13 to 19 years old..
- To participate, you must be at least 13 as of the date that you apply.
- Anyone 13-19 years old may apply or request information. Anyone 17 or younger needs parental consent to attend. No exceptions.
- If you are accepted, you must bring one of the following to your first meeting (no exceptions):
- A picture ID (state ID, driver's license, or passport) showing that you are 18 or older.
- A permission form provided by our office, signed by your parent or legal guardian, if you are 17 or younger.
- A parent or legal guardian to sign the form in person, if you are 17 or younger.
- We will set goals for tutoring/coaching. Sometimes, Matthew may ask your parents for feedback on how they believe you are doing.
- Matthew will not disclose anything you say, unless it relates to your safety or someone else's safety. You are free to speak to anyone about your work with Matthew. You do not have to keep anything confidential that you say to Matthew, but Matthew will keep your words confidential.
- If someone you know is also working with Matthew, please respect that person's privacy and don't tell others. The person may not want others to know he or she is getting tutoring or coaching, even though it is a good thing and nothing to be embarrassed about.
- Matthew may cancel the free services at any time, with or without notice or reason, but he will do his best to give you as much notice as possible. If Matthew is ill or there is bad weather, he will contact you and your parent by phone or email as soon as possible to let you know that he will not be available. If you cannot attend a scheduled meeting, please let Matthew know as soon as you know.
- Matthew, in his sole discretion, will determine when he is available for meetings.
- Matthew reserves the right to include or exclude participants for any reason, or no reason, in his sole discretion.
- To reschedule an appointment, Matthew requests at least 24 hours notice and may deny future pro bono services to anyone who does not follow that policy or is consistently late.
- You need reliable transportation. Our office is within sight of the Blue Line MAX, a two-minute walk). Buses 20, 54, 57, 58, 62, 76, 78, and 88 are within a half-mile. There are sidewalks the entire distance from the buses or MAX.